– Why do so many new product launches fail… and its not the product!
One of the great things about MBA classes in the knowledge that is already in each class. Each students bring a unique set of experiences and understanding. Often you can learn as much from each other as you can from the instructor. You can also talk about what does or does not work and bring up practical applications or adaptations of the things that we discuss in the course. This is somewhat more difficult in an online environment. In order try to replicate some of this discussion learning, we will be using discuss boards for the course. Each week I will post an assignment or prompt, and you are expected to ask a thoughtful question or post a thoughtful response each week. Then you need to respond to a few of your classmates posts, and also reply to any who respond to yours during the second half of the week. I believe that this is a where you can be really engaged in the course and learn from each other.
Why do so many new product launches fail… and its not the product!
Instructions – Provide your discussion comments related to the following (You do not need to answer or comment on all of these, you can pick 1 or 2 for your discussion):
- New product launches can be very demanding on any supply chain in any industry, do you feel a project manager over a new product launch bears most or all of the blame if a product fails to be successful?
- Many companies try to use speed to market to get the product on the market, do you feel there are steps a project manager can skip and still have a successful launch?
- If you are leading the project and your time estimates show you can not successfully launch in the time frame issued by Senior Management, how do you handle it?
- Do you think a product could be launched today without a project manager and using project management tools, why or why not?
Please post your initial response by 23:59 EST on Thursday 7/29/2021, and comment on the posts of two classmates by 23:59 EST on Monday 8/2.
Grading: 20 points total, graded on the 4 criteria below.
Please provide a though initial response and respond to at least 2 of the posts by other students. Grading will be per the Rubric below.