Matrix is interested in how performance management systems are designed effectively and how they adhere to legal requirements. Your supervisor Annalise has asked you to prepare a two-part executive report for the VP of HR that demonstrates some key factors to consider when designing a performance management system.
In Part 1 of the report due this week, Annalise has asked you to write 500-600 words that address the following questions about designing a performance management system:
- What is the importance of goal-setting when designing a performance management system?
- What is the role of a job description when designing a performance management system?
- How does performance management encourage employee development?
- unit 5 part 2
Now that you have prepared Part 1 of the key assignment, Annalise would like you to add information about legal concerns that are linked to performance management systems. Matrix is concerned because it wants to protect the organization from any potential lawsuits. Your report to the VP of HR will be pivotal because it will help senior leaders develop their legal strategy to going forward.
Revise Part 1 of the Key Assignment based on your instructor’s feedback, and add an additional 500–600 words to the executive report that addresses the following:
- What laws should be considered when conducting a performance evaluation?
- Considering performance evaluation, what can managers do to prevent discrimination?