Identity and access management is extremely important, and doing it incorrectly can leave critical data exposed.
Complete the Practice Lab “Access Control and PKI.”
Capture screenshots taken during the lab in your Microsoft® Word document as specified within the lab instructions.
At the end of the lab, you will be asked to respond to the following in a 2- to 2.5-page response at the end of your Microsoft® Word document:
- Explain the types of information that can be stored in an Active Directory user record.
- What are some of the additional tabs which are available in the Active Directory Users and Computers “Advanced Features” mode?
- What are some of the specific challenges and risks associated with account management in a large infrastructure?
- How can inadequate access controls or access management leave critical information vulnerable?
- What protections does encryption offer and how important is key management to keeping any encryption system secured?
- Consider a cloud-hosted Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) environment with many users accessing these systems from all over the world. What advantages or challenges might there be managing these identities and associated keys?
- Finally, conclude this week’s assignment with a page explaining how the tools and processes demonstrated in the lab might be used by an infrastructure administrator to help secure an environment.