Competency 2 Reflection: Align operational needs with business strategies.
This reflection activity is comprised of two sections indicating a word count for each prompt, collectively totaling a minimum of 500 words. Complete your reflections by responding to all prompts.
An organization’s business strategy includes leadership theories and practices, as well as organization structure. One of management’s responsibilities is to ensure their team’s work aligns to the organization’s business strategies.
Leadership Theories and Practices
- What leadership theories have you seen used in your own workplace?
- Which were most effective? Which were the least effective? Why?
- How did the execution of these theories align with your organization’s business strategies?
Think of a company or organization you’re familiar with, perhaps one you’ve worked for or even a place of worship or school.
- What kind of organizational structure does the organization use?
- What other structures discussed in the chapter might allow the organization to operate more effectively? For example, would the move to a product team structure lead to greater efficiency or effectiveness? Why or why not?
Submit your reflection.