The purpose of this assignment is to transform the planned “deliverables” (refer to page 422-424 of the course textbook) from your Week One Proposal into the production of your Recommendation Report in a rough draft. This draft will provide an opportunity to integrate your understanding of how to use technical writing skills to advance a project from its inception to a well-designed and purposeful report that includes text, graphics, and scholarly research. The draft of your Recommendation Report should demonstrate your ability to apply course concepts to produce suggested solutions to a problem or issue of concern that you may experience in your current or future career (refer to pages 470-474 of the textbook). Continue to research the topic you chose in Week One and develop your Recommendation Report, based on your Week Two Outline. The report should show ongoing consideration of the primary and secondary audiences that you analyzed in Week One.
Your Recommendation Report draft should use effective headings and lists (if applicable). See pages 282-284 of the course text. Incorporate the planning, design, and writing processes learned in this course, and be sure to cite all sources in APA format.
Your rough draft this week should be four to five pages in length, exclusive of the title page, references page, glossary, and any other appendices. It should have at least one, but no more than three, well-placed, appropriately-sized graphics. The final and expanded version of your Recommendation Report (due Week Five) should be eight to ten pages in length, exclusive of title page, references page, glossary, and any other appendices. Use the sample Recommendation Report on pages 487-511 of the course text to help yourself get started and to help you make sure you are including all the appropriate sections (refer to page 492).
You must include the following in your Final Project – Recommendation Report draft:
- A title page (page 479).
- An abstract (page 479.
- A table of contents and corresponding page numbers (480-481). This table should closely correlate with subheadings, and figures in the body of the Recommendation Report.
- A table of graphics/illustrations (page 483). This table should closely correlate with subheadings, and figures in the body of the Recommendation Report.
- A one-page executive summary (pages 483-485).
- Body, including an introduction (problem, solution, background, data sources, scope and limitation) that ends with a clear thesis statement or initiative to solve the identified problem, methods, results, conclusions, and recommendations (pages 476-478).
- A concluding paragraph that restates the paper’s main ideas.
- Glossary that provides a comprehensive overview of specialized terminology appearing in the Recommendation Report (pages 476, 484, 486-487).
- Effective, useful, and properly cited graphic aids (maximum of three). For citation guidance, see pages 486-487.
- References page in APA format (pages 620-632).
- Include at least four sources (from Week One Assignment) in addition to the course textbook that are amply and appropriately cited in the text of the document and listed on the Reference page. Two sources must be scholarly journal articles from the Ashford University Library.
PLEASE FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS. MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE EVERYTHING THAT IS ASKED FOR. ATTACHED ARE THE APPROPRIATE PAGES TO HELP WITH THIS. ALSO ATTACHED IS THE WEEK ONE ASSIGNMENT THAT YOU WILL NEED FOR YOUR RESOURCES YOU WILL ALSO HAVE TO USE THE TEXT BOOK AS A REFERENCE FOR A TOTAL OF 5 IN ALL. ATTACHED IS THE CORRECTIONS OF WEEK ONES ASSIGNMENT SO YOU KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED. ATTACHED IS THE RUBICS NEEDED TO HELP YOU KNOW WHAT IS TO BE INCLUDED.