Respond to one of the following options in your initial post, citing at least one specific credible source in support. Question on credible sources? See the Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.).
Option 1: The experience of taking this course may have impacted your way of looking at statistics and charts you encounter in your professional and personal life.
- Assess where you were in the beginning of the course in terms of your knowledge and skill set and whether your critical thinking skills have increased during this class and provide an example to support your response.
- Be sure to mention how you might use the skills not only in your future college classes but also in your chosen profession.
- From this example, pull out specific skills you have acquired that could be listed on a resume or included in a LinkedIn profile.
Option 2: The reason so many of us now live long and healthy lives is due to statistical analyses of health data.
- Provide a specific example in which statistical analyses have had a significant impact on how we live our lives.
- Briefly elaborate on its impact.
Option 3: Respond to the following questions.
- Why do you think statistics often has a bad name?
- Why do you think people often feel that “the statistics do not apply to me”?
- Has your increased knowledge of statistics changed your attitude or behavior?
- Briefly discuss your changed attitude or behavior the context of a specific example.
Your initial post should be at least 200 words in length.