After reading Chapter 26 and watching the course videos, you should be ready to answer any 2 of the following questions:
1. What was Hitler asking for at the Munich Conference of 1938, and what made many people in Europe think that appeasement was their best option?
2. What were Hitler’s goals in Operation Barbarossa, the invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941? What were the consequences of the German defeat at Stalingrad?
3. What make the Second World War a global war? Where were the main consequences of the war felt most keenly outside of Europe?
4. What was the Manhattan Project, and how did it affect the outcome of the Second World War?
- Follow the course guidelines for format and footnotes.
- Include evidence from the textbook and videos to support your answers.
- Include Chicago style footnotes to document your sources.
- Minimum word count: 300 (at least 150 per question.)
ISBN: 978-0-393-41900-9 Joshua Cole and Carol Symes Volume 2